three little piggies

three little piggies
on arrival

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How heavy is a pig?

The worming programme has begun. One very wet day last week, armed with tape measure and notebook I began to measure. Saving the calculating for the warm and dry I was gobsmacked at how heavy our girls had got. I must admit I had noticed they had got a bit heavy before conception and had held back on how much they got to eat. With all these extra's to feed I have been giving a little more and they look in excellent condition but my how they have piled on the beef. You cant use pregnancy as an excuse I was always told and I think as soon as these little ones are weaned, I say little with tongue in cheek at the moment they resemble staffy bull terriers, They are going on a strict diet of cabbage and water!!!

No comments: