three little piggies

three little piggies
on arrival

Thursday, November 25, 2010

pigs in snow

 At first light this morning I was excited to see how the pigs responded to snow. So armed with a bucket of food and the camera I discovered,by the time I got there, they had already explored most of the pen. They seemed bemused at their wallow and tentatively put trotter in one at the time only allowing three to be in at the same time.
Then the girl we are keeping noticed me taking pics and bounded over. Powdered snow leaving a smoky trail. Her sister soon followed. They didn't have much to say more interested in food.

By the time I went down with this evenings feed, they had more to say. Grunt grunt, oink oink oink grunt. I translated this as urgh this is horrible you could at least provide some nice shiny wellies and a pink hoody.

No comments: