three little piggies

three little piggies
on arrival

Friday, September 9, 2011

be careful what you wish for

When I finished work in February I found the silence at home quite novel. I certainly had a lot to keep me occupied. It was probably a few weeks down the line when I first recognised how much I missed the chat. I had and still have a steady flow of visitors and do my fair share of visiting. But I miss the craick.
I dont miss the recount of weekend activities from staff or the conversations with parent/carers. What I do miss is dancing in the potting shed, playing name that tune, the everyday banter, the stand off's and wind up's.
When I first brought the goslings home little did I know how much they were going to fill that gap. Oh can they banter, wind up and have we had our stand off's. They can carry a tune as well as any one in that potting shed (although my potting shed does not have the same ecoustic quality). They can do a wonderful angel wing dance which makes a welcome change from the same old swan lake we used to do!

No comments: