three little piggies

three little piggies
on arrival

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Is this your large marrow?

Today we attended the smallholders club show and had a lovely afternoon with some new friends. We admired their hard work and entered some of our own. Reminding my husband that it's the participation what's important not the winning. He entered two categories, best dressed stick and rock buns. He couldn't hide his dissapointment at not being placed for his rock buns but he was overjoyed at his first for best dressed stick. His was the only entry, table leg was mentioned only once or twice.
I did much better. Third place for heaviest pumpkin and largest vegetable (No it's my courgette). Second for bird photograph, gentleman's buttonhole and ladies corsage. First for fresh flower posy, crocheted item, soft craft, embroidery with silks and the one I am most proud of best hens eggs blue. I forgot to take my novelty vegetable-natural which was a potato in the shape of a duck and I wasn't placed for my potatoes and tomatoes.
All in all a mighty fine result for our first show.

No comments: