three little piggies

three little piggies
on arrival

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Carnage

This morning I had the unfortunate experience of finding only two live chicks out of a clutch of 14 which we recieved last week. Through the night they had a visit from a stoat and that is about as much detail as I am going into.
I know country isn't all pretty and I have come across the preditor's leftovers before but this time I aint putting up with it. Barry is out there now with his rocking chair, poncho, gun and cigar, 'do you feel lucky'!


The pigs, too far away so oblivious to the massacre, have a constant flow of presents. Mainly apples and plums, windfalls from peoples orchards. Today they recieved a football ! perhaps they will invent a new game of 3 aside trotter ball!!!

No comments: